[Asterisk-Users] Include Text file in Dial Plan

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Fri Jun 23 15:26:47 MST 2006

Forrest Beck wrote:

> Is there a way to include a search of a text file in the dial plan?
>

> I am trying to think of a good way to keep a sort of Blacklist file
> that is checked against before letting a call through.  If the
> callerid is listed in the file, it will go to Hangup()

 From http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

    One big file or several small?

With the *#include <filename>* statement in extensions.conf, other files
are included. This way you can setup a system where extensions.conf is
the main file, *users.conf* contain your local users, *services.conf*
contain various services, like conferencing. This way, the dial plan may
be easier to maintain, depending on the size of your setup. The
*#include <filename>* statement is *not* the same as the *include
<context>* statement. The *#include* statement works in all Asterisk
configuration files
<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=asterisk+config+files>.