[Asterisk-Users] Asking for phone number to dial

Anthony Cennami acennami at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:18:55 MST 2006

Where there is a will, there's a way:

Assuming you only had one DID, you could:

- Use an auto attendant
- Use a dialplan timeout that dropped to DISA (not so nice)
- Use callerid based redirection (again, not so nice, but available)
- Use a Voicemail breakout option (again, not so nice, but better than
timeout)
- Use a ToD based extension

Probably a variety of other options, depending on the
application/requirements/costs/etc.

On 23 Jun 2006 22:08:20 -0000, undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com <
undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com> wrote:

> I thought Background() only allowed you one digit dialing while it's
> playing.
> Is this not the case?  I agree with the reply which said that you want to
> use DISA, the only problem with DISA is that you have no way to use the
> line
> for answering regular calls.  Once you put the DISA command in the
> dialplan,
> you get the DISA dialtone for entering you code.  I suppose if you know
> where
> you will be calling from, you could code in a specific dialplan based on
> your
> callerid info, but that just seems kind of tedious just for being about to
> dial out.
>
> Undrhil
>
> --- Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com wrote:
> The number "dialed" after Background
> is stored in the EXTEN variable and can be used in the Dial application.

Anthony D Cennami