[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000 and Shared Line Appearances

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 09:17:20 MST 2006

That feature is called Bridged (or Shared) line appearance.  That is one of
the things Asterisk cannot do and nobody seems very interested in making it
do that because it is apparently not easy.  There has been some talk about
implementing it but so far there does not seem to be any progress.

I was actually quite surprised to learn that it didn't do that. I am also
surprised that there doesn't seem to be much interest by developers in
general to make it do that even thought it is a deal killer for a lot of
people.

I would really like to see that feature myself as I have had to turn away
potential business because of the lack of that one feature.  If I could
write code I'd try do it myself.