[Asterisk-Users] Kernel 2.4 / 2.6 and timer

Daniel Salama lists at infoway.net
Fri Jun 23 06:37:30 MST 2006

I've read in different places that if I want to do trunking and
meetme on Asterisk I need to have a reliable timer. People have
recommended that I install a Digium board, even if I don't have any
circuits connected to it, just to get a reliable timer. However, I've
also read that if I'm using kernel 2.6, I don't need to have a Digium
board.

I have a few servers that need to do trunking and meetme and I don't
have ANY PSTN-type circuits. I do everything via VoIP. All my servers
are running kernel 2.6. Do I really need to have these boards?

Thanks,
Daniel