[Asterisk-Users] Setting caller-id when parking call

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 05:21:59 MST 2006

I have an issue where someone will park a call, and then it will ring
back to them, but because the caller-id looks like a regular inbound
call, they don't know how to answer the call (these are the
receptionists).

I've tried to make an extention that I can transfer to that will set
the caller-id, and that works, but I'm having issues.

For instance.... if I do a blind transfer to an extention the CALLER
hears '71' instead of the receptionist.. DOH!  That didn't work.

If I do an attenteded transfer, then the caller-id gets set, but when
the person (that being the receptionist) hangs up, it gets unset.
DOH!  That didn't work either....
now what? :)