[Asterisk-Users] Passing DID to external number?

Brian McCarey brian_mccarey at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 02:27:19 MST 2006

Hi,

We run a small switchboard using Asterisk and Free PBX.

We have two main extensions and two ring groups. The first ring group rings
the two internal extensions. If the internal extensions do not pick up the
call after 15 seconds then the second ring group kicks in which should ring
the two internal extensions plus two external numbers.

Firstly, how do I pass the DID number of an incoming call to the external
number so that the external number sees the incoming number and not the voip
dial out number?

Secondly, when the second ring group kicks in only one of the external
numbers dials when both internal extensions and both external numbers should
ring according to the ring group setting. Any ideals what's going wrong?

Kind regards

Brian. UK