[Asterisk-Users] Out of Office Auto Reply:

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jun 22 10:12:57 MST 2006

He's probably using Exchange which has a global setting to either send OOO
replies to SMTP addresses or not. It's a dumbass Exchange administrator who
enables this option (it is actually on by default)

Same thing happened to the mac-asterisk list last week, except the OOO
message would reply to every post, and to every user. In a period of 2 or 3
hours, I got a couple of thousand OOO replies from the offender. The
solution was to unsubscribe since the list owner was out of town apparently,
and so the list members did just that - I think the only guy that was still
subscribed once the dust settled was the list owner and the tool that set up
the OOO message in the first place.