[Asterisk-Users] How to configure asterisk to emulate FXO signaling ?

Carlos Munoz carlos at kenati.com
Wed Jun 21 17:21:17 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 03:46:15PM -0700, Carlos Munoz wrote:
>

>>I'm unable to configure asterisk to provide dial tone, busy tone, detect
>>dtmf digits, etc to an analog phone connected to a FXS port.
>>Unfortunately, this particular  hardware does not provide FXO signaling.
>>Incoming calls work perfect, the phone rings and voice flows on both
>>directions. However, I can't place outgoing calls, there is no dial tone
>>and dialing out makes no difference.
>>
>>Does anyone know how to configure asterisk to emulate FXO signaling or
>>point me in the right direction ?
>>

>What hardware is it, exactly?

It is a small SOHO router from LinkSys that has 2 FXS ports, an ethernet
switch with 4 ports and a wireless interface. It came with Linux 2.6.14
installed and a VOIP application which uses 40% CPU when a call is up.
I'm trying to replace this VOIP application with asterisk configured as
TA (basically asterisk is a VOIP phone). I think the phone hardware is
based on legarity slics.