[Asterisk-Users] 1.2.9.1 crashed today

Tim C. Lewis tclewis at oreilly.com
Wed Jun 21 11:23:21 MST 2006

we're also seeing a similar problem with 1.2.9.1 (previously 1.2.7.1,
without this error).  our manager interface is used a fair amount from
FOP, and reloads occur staggered throughout the day on changes (but not
super often).

when the problem occurs, we see a lot of agent and queue functions held up
in "show channels", such as AgentCallbackLogin().  the cli is still
responsive to commands, but all incoming zap channels (2 pri's worth)
become unresponsive except for zap channel 1.  our agents also notice
strangeness with our queues.  outgoing zap calls still work fine (same
pris as we use for incoming), and non-zap calls are still good.
already-connected zap calls are also good, but new incoming zap calls
fail.

"soft hangup"s on those agent/queue/related-sip-channels don't respond.
reloading some modules work, but a full "reload" errors on either
app_queue or chan_agent (i forget which), and further reloads of anything
fail after that, due to the queue/agent module never finishing its reload.
at this point cli responsiveness to various commands becomes sporadic --
many no longer work, such as "show channels".

i didn't think to get a gdb backtrace, blah.

the eventual "fix" each time is a full asterisk stop/start.
unfortunately, it's happened too often (about 4 times in a week) to
continue gathering data with on our production system, so we've rolled
back from 1.2.9.1, but kept zaptel, asterisk-addons, and wanpipe [sangoma
card] at the latest versions (they were all upgraded simultaneously).

if the above info helps any debugging efforts, great.  if not, oh well.
i'll be seeing what else i can dig up as well (from a test system, logs,
etc).

-tcl.