[Asterisk-Users] AMD Machine Detect

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Jun 21 10:54:55 MST 2006

Al,

Are you doing voice broadcasting - that is, delivering a pre-recorded
message, possibly giving a live caller other options?  Just curious.
I've been working on a voice-broadcasting application myself and I've
had mixed success with app_amd.c.  It does work very well in some cases,
but not so well in others.

I'm currently experimenting with the dialplan app BackgroundDetect.  For
voice broadcasting apps, BackgroundDetect has the advantage of playing
the message to the caller while simultaneously listening for a live
caller or an answering machine.  This gets rid of the annoying pause
that the caller hears after saying, "Hello."

Here's where I got the idea:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+BackGroundDete
ct

See the section "Basic Answering Machine Detection."

HtH,

MC

  _____