[Asterisk-Users] sip to h323 ... direct RTP?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 21 00:18:57 MST 2006

----- Johansson Olle E <olle at voop.com> wrote:
> No. It's certainly possible but at this time there's no interaction
> between
> the RTP clients, the various channel drivers.

I believe this is incorrect; all the RTP-using channel drivers supply 'ast_rtp_bridge' as their native bridge method, so assuming they also implement the 'set_rtp_peer' method, then an RTP native bridge between dissimilar channels should work fine. If the channel driver(s) also support sending the RTP peer address to the endpoint (as chan_sip does with reinvite), then a direct media path should also be possible.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer