[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using VoIP WiFi phones?

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Tue Jun 20 14:37:01 MST 2006

I had a Hitachi WIP-5000 for about 6 months. It felt nice in the hand. Battery life was OK, but not great. I got about 5 hours of mixed use on a charge. Sounds quality was good.

However, the speaker level was low even when cranked right up. Even with a headset plugged in I found its output was too low almost all the time. Also, the range was extremely limited in my
office...not more than 40-50 from am AP and it would not work reliably.

I eventually resold it and replaced it with an Aastra 480i CT desk phone with cordless handset. These are tremendously better, without resorting to the combination of an ATA and a traditional
cordless phone.

Michael