[Asterisk-Users] Looking for SIP provider with minimal call setuptime

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Mon Jun 19 17:44:52 MST 2006

Use Teliax - http://www.teliax.com/

Cullin J. Wible
Co-Founder & CTO
Email Data Source, Inc.
212-514-8900 x1006

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of < Arnaud >
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 7:48 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Looking for SIP provider with minimal call
setuptime

I am looking for a PSTN-SIP provider with minimal call setup time. That is

When a POTS phone calls my SIP number, RTP traffic between the SIP provider
and my SIP phone should start flowing ASAP. SIP client uses auto-answer.

I tried IPKall that resulted in intermittent total failure. With Broadvoice
plan at $9.99 call setup time is about 7 seconds.

We have a fast IP network here , so I am quite sure that the limiting factor
is the SIP provider, not bandwidth or RTT. BTW RTT to broadvoice proxy was
<20ms.

US west coast number prefferred. If _you_ are a provider, please contact me
off list.

thanks - Arnaud