[Asterisk-Users] ECHO Tutorial

RandyW randyw at techsource.com
Mon Jun 19 16:56:14 MST 2006

> Expensive equipment with built-in echo-cancellers?   Extensive
> planning and testing before deployment?    Decades of experience
> dealing with such problems?

Heh heh.. Ouch man, just pure ouch..

Yep, spot-on.  Their stuff spends 5 years in beta development before it
hits the production mold.  These people try to break it in ways that we
only wish would never happen to us.

They really do know their stuff and while I shake my fist at them for
their black-box mentality and their closed-source EVERYTHING, I do have
a LOT more respect for them making this stuff work as well as it does.
Telecom is probably the last 5 9's tech left in the world.  Ever  thing
about how long it would take to make * 99.999% available??  It hurts to
just think about it.

RandyW