[Asterisk-Users] faxdetect questions - Please HELP!

Bob McDowell mcdowell.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:23:50 MST 2006

I'm using IAXmodem and Hylafax with 'faxdetect=incoming' and things mostly
work pretty well.  My main lines come in via T1 DID.  Today, HR got tired of
having someone read and forward their faxes to them and requested we bring
their physical machine back on line.  I have been able to get the fax
forwarded to the appropriate zap channel, but I cannot seem to get it to
stop 'faxdetect'ing.  After deciding that it is a fax and sending it to the
proper zap channel Asterisk says:

    -- Executing Dial("Zap/5-1", "Zap/105") in new stack
    -- Called 105
    -- Zap/105-1 is ringing
    -- Redirecting Zap/5-1 to fax extension
    -- Hungup 'Zap/105-1'

...and Hylafax gets it...

Now the questions:

1) How can I have 'faxdetect=incoming' for my T1 context and 'faxdetect=no'
for my internal zap channels.  (I'm assuming that this is what's wrong
here...)
2) Is it instead possible to disable faxdetect for the duration of the
call?  E.g. exten => fax,1,zapFAXDETECT(off)
3) Is there a better way to mix detected faxes and dedicated fax lines?
4) Can anyone share with me a config that accomplishes this feat (both
detected and dedicated)?