[Asterisk-Users] How to use a data T-1?

Steve Jones sjones at ftdata.com
Mon Jun 19 11:07:47 MST 2006

If your T1 is currently configured for connecting you to the Internet,
then your Asterisk just becomes a client on your network, and can
terminate calls to Internet based providers by SIP or IAX.  No reason
for a T1 card or connection to the Asterisk.  I don't have enough
experience to say who may be the most reliable provider, but you can use
any of them for testing.

Others have given details of bandwidth requirements for the different
codecs, and know more than I about that..

Once you get the basics connected, then any 800# provider should be able
to point a number to any existing DID, or you can use a VoIP provider to
provide an 800# directly.
-Steve