[Asterisk-Users] Echo Problem with T411P

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 03:28:16 MST 2006

> >> More than 128ms?
> >
> > 128 = 128 taps = 16ms of 8KHz audio, so no, not more that 128ms, but
> > definitely more than 16ms.
> No, 128ms = 1024 taps
>
> Like what sangoma offers.
>
> Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!

Okay, to be complete in my answers:

No I do not get more than 128ms delay caused by European routing (I
only threw that in as an example anyway), but asterisk's software
cancellers only cancel 16ms, any more than that seems fairly buggy,
and eats CPU.

On the other hand, if that is a satellite link on span 3, you could
easily get latency in excess of 1 second, which it should be the
provider's responsibility to cancel, not the end user's IMHO.

I also agree that the sangoma EC is excellent :) Do we know what E1/T1
hardware is in use here, and whether hardware EC is available?

Steve