[Asterisk-Users] asttapi 0.10

Victor Alvarez victor at sentidocomun.es
Mon Jun 19 02:48:56 MST 2006

Hi,
I have been playing around with the latest release of asttapi and I have
found the 'hangup' problem already reported to the list here
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-May/151260.html>

Apparently hangup should be done by making use of UserEvent commands. So I
have configured this context for being used when making calls from outlook:
[outlook]
exten => _X.,1,UserEvent(TAPI|TAPIEVENT: [~${UNIQUEID}] LINE_CALLSTATE
LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED)
exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@MACHINE <mailto:SIP/${EXTEN}@MACHINE>)
exten => _X.,3,UserEvent(TAPI|TAPIEVENT:[~${UNIQUEID}] LINE_CALLSTATE
LINECALLSTATE_HANGUP)
exten => _X.,4,Hangup

Dialling is ok, but outlook keeps on getting stuck in status
'dialling..'.Despite of Asterisk manager reporting the UserEvents, Asttapi
doesn't seem to be getting any information.

Now my question is..
Is it possible to hangup the outlook thing?
And if it is,
Why it is not working for me? Is it because the given configuration is
wrong? Is it because I'm using windows 2000 or outlook 2000 and I should try
a different version? (I have tried different versions of Asterisk with the
same result).

As an alternative I wouldn't mind at all to forget about UserEvents and just
close the outlook window after sending the call to Asterisk, if that's
possible.

Thanks a lot,
Victor.