[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail with NFS

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Sun Jun 18 04:53:21 MST 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 01:55, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 09:40:35AM -0600, Mike Diehl wrote:
> > I don't know how big your voicemail system is, but have you considered
> > using Unison to syncronize the vm accross all your servers?  I'm
> > deploying multiple servers with two vm servers, each sync'ed every 5?
> > minutes.  If one fails, the other one should be "good enough."
>
> The voicemail code assumes some locking semantics supported by the
> filesystem (sysv locks?)

That's a relief.  I always hope programs are smart enough to lock files they
change.

> What happens when you sync a locked file?

Then the lockfile will be created and deleted on the backup server as well.
Since we kind of assume a master/slave situation with the two vm systems, I
think this should work?  But talk is cheap and I've not done this, yet.

On the other hand, you might use the external notification option in
voicemailmain to initiate the sync....

> Isnt there a problem with samba with the very same issue?

Not sure.  I only minimally support samba these days.

Hope this helps,
Mike.