[Asterisk-Users] What ever happened to the LTAPI, the Linux Telephony API?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Jun 18 10:38:59 MST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just been going through the various modules that are autoloaded to
> see what I need and what I don't and came across chan_phone.so which
> loads /etc/asterisk/phone.conf.  I did a lookup on voip-info and google
> and came across this article in Linux Journal from 2001.
>
> Anyone know why it isn't being used much (from what I can tell) and
> what's happening with it today?

The hardware is pretty crappy.

I've got three of the linejack cards sitting on a shelf collecting dust.
  IIRC there are manifold limitations in terms of function and quality,
and I think development has stopped because there are so many better
hardware solutions on the market nowadays.

MO, FWIW.

B.

believed to be clean.