[Asterisk-Users] Music On Hold troubleshooting

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jun 18 00:04:05 MST 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 11:50:12AM +0500, amna saleem wrote:
> I have read in wiki pages that for astreisk 1.2.9.1 , you don`t have to
> install this rpm package.
> But Ialso read that Red hat Linux 9 and enterprise doesn`t suppport mp3
> sound and song etc.
> What are your views??
> Regards,
> Amna Saleem

Unless you need to stream mp3 music, playing an mp3 music file will be a
waste of CPU.

mp3 files are highly compressed, but need to be downsampled to 8khz mono
(16 bit samples). If you'll convert the mp3 file to wav and downsample,
chances are you'll end up with a comparable disk space and much less
work for playing.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406