[Asterisk-Users] Which phones are good, or at least acceptable, for home and office

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Sat Jun 17 19:17:30 MST 2006

I can't tell you how many times I've seen broad questions like this posted to the list..

The wiki (www.voip-info.org) is your friend. Use it. There's a lot of good advise there.

Google is also your friend. Use it, too. Most especially use it to search the list archives. There was just a long thread about this a few days ago.

Finally, you can do what I did...buy some phones, try them for a while then resell the ones you don't like. Ebay is a great toolo for this. I bought and sold eight different model of SIP phones
before settling upon what I use today. When you've gained enough experience to have some well founded opinions add to the wiki.

Lastly, if you're going to buy serious desk phones try the Aastra 480i CT and the Polycom IP600/601. Life's too short to use a cheap phone.

Michael