[Asterisk-Users] Where's the Fiber

dthurn at tstt.net.tt dthurn at tstt.net.tt
Sat Jun 17 16:29:14 MST 2006

Where's the Fiber?
I was reading about T1 lines and came across this statement.. It basically
said T1's are made up of copper...Wasn't T1 made up of Fiber? Is the new
trend to move T1 away from fiber and use copper?

"
http://www.pulsewan.com/data101/pdfs/t1basics.pdf#search='t1%20via%20copper'

page 4

T1 Physical Characteristics

A T1 is physically made up of two balanced pairs of copper wire (commonly
known

as twisted pair). The pairs are used in a full duplex configuration where
one pair

transmits information and the other pair receives information. Customer
Premises

Equipment (CPE) typically terminate a T1 with a RJ-48C jack. The following

illustration shows a typical T1 cable and interface."