[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000 Audio Quality

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jun 17 03:30:50 MST 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Tim Panton wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2006, at 07:53, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
> >Tim Panton wrote:
> >>Well, with 16 phones, it might be worth putting a
> >>'satellite' asterisk in their office, have it handle local
> >>transfers, and act as a protocol converter, talking sip to the
> >>phones and (trunked) IAX2 to the outside world.
> >>An embedded low power system would do fine.
> >>You might even get away with an nslu2, but I'm not sure
> >>it has the RAM for 16 calls.
> >>A better alternative is to get them to upgrade the DSL to 512 uplink.
> >>Tim.
> >
> >	Neither the unslung nor the wrt support IAX trunking.  Zaptel does
> >not compile on either of these architectures.
> >
> >	No zaptel = no timer = no trunking/meetme/etc.
>
> Just out of curiosity, is ztdummy on kernel 2.6.12.2 architecture
> specific? i.e.
> would it care if it were on an armv5teb not on x86 ?

ztdummy on kernel 2.6 has tw implementations:

with USE_RTC defined (the default on x86, at least) it uses the rtc
clock of the system. This is availble on x86 and amd64. I don't know if
other architectures have anything equivalent.

Without it, it relies on HZ=1000 . That was the only possible value up
until 2.6.13 , so I guess that in the specific kernel you refer to it
should hold.

> I understand that the _real_ zaptel modules will be much harder to port,
> I just figured that ztdummy might be easier.

Most other modules are PCI cards. Two others are USB. I don't know how
much architecture-specific are PCI and USB.

There are also ztdynamic and friends. In theory nothing prevents them
from being portable.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406