[Asterisk-Users] Sip t38 gateway tests

Carlos Alperin calperin at senecacom.net
Fri Jun 16 19:39:07 MST 2006

Andy,

Harry was looking for test T.38. Right now, I facing two options:

I have a 1.2.7.1 box connected to a PRI, with SpanDSP that never was able to
do more than Fax Detection. After that the line hang up on the Asterisk box.

I'm preparing a second box with 1.2.7.1 from SVN, and I have the patch for
T.38, but I couldn't get the procedure to patch the asterisk.

Also, on a different PRI, I have a Cisco 3640 almost finished to work as a
T.38 gateway. The problem is that I couldn't get the way to bypass Asterisk
to make an ATA register with the 3640. If I need to use Asterisk, and the
passthrough doesn't work, nothing is going to work. Now, If I can get
passthorugh working, may be in the short future I'll not going to need the
Cisco anymore.

Also, I have a couple of Sipura 2100 ready with T.38 software for the test.

Yes, if you 're interested, we can start the test as soon as I ultimate the
details.

How did you patch the 1.2.4? I mean the full procedure.

Harry is in France, I'm in Michigan USA, where are you located?

Regards,

Carlos Alperin