[Asterisk-Users] Receiving faxes and then sending them on

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 16 19:19:56 MST 2006

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to do something with the hangup
('h') extension.  For example:

[macro-RXFAX]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/fax-${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,n,Set(EMAILADDR=ingrid.fix at offix-koeln.de)
exten => s,n,Set(EMAILADDR=${ARG1})
exten => s,n,rxfax(${FAXFILE}|debug)

[fax-inbound]
exten => _XXXX,1,doSomeStuff
exten => _XXXX,n,macro(RXFAX,${EMAILADDRESS},${SOMENUMBER})
exten => _XXXX,n,Hangup

exten => h,1,goto(dialout,6666,1)

[dialout]
exten => 6666,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR} $
{CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 6666,n,Dial(${ARG2})
exten => 6666,n,txfax(${FAXFILE}|caller)
exten => 6666,n,Hangup

exten => s,n,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR} $
{CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s,n,Dial(${ARG2})
exten => s,n,txfax(${FAXFILE}|caller)
exten => s,n,Hangup