[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail with NFS

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jun 16 15:44:11 MST 2006

We've just tried the same thing, but with a samba server. Shut down the samba server, and Asterisk stops processing calls. Actually, this time the phones will fail over to the next asterisk box. However, if all asterisk boxes are pointing to the same samba server, then failover from one asterisk box to another isn't going to help at all.

So... Asterisk responds to a samba failure in the same way as an NFS failure.

Looks like it's time to start playing with rsync...