[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail with NFS

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jun 16 14:42:12 MST 2006

What do I want what to do?

I don't see why Asterisk should hang. As I said, I mounted the NFS share with the 'soft' option and a timeout of 5 seconds. When I do a 'df -k' command, the result hangs for 5s or so and then returns. Asterisk doesn't seem to behave in the same way. Considering it's a function of the mount command, you'd think it would be transparent to Asterisk.

Yes... soft causes it not to hang.... for everything else except Asterisk.... I don't care if the voicemail store goes away. I do care if the voicemail store going away causes all calls across the entire system to fail.

Doug.