[Asterisk-Users] Best $300 VoIP phone for asterisk?

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Fri Jun 16 12:04:24 MST 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:37:25 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

re: Aastra 480i CT

>What do you have to say about the speakerphone on these?

Almost as good as the Polycom's. To be honest I most typically use the cordless handset with a headset plugged into it. That way can can get up and walk away from my desk when on long
conference calls and tech support marathons.

I think that the criticism of the two call limit on the 480 is really unwarranted. It's similar or even less money than an IP600/601. It as good in almost every way, and the cordless capability opens
up a whole new realm of flexibility. Don't think of it as a bunch of extensions...think of it as one extension that can go portable when required.

You can answer or place a call on the base, then pass it to the cordless without needing to park it at the server. You can conference the base, portable and two lines. It's really pretty incredible.

In all of the phones I've tried (about a dozen different models overt two years) this is the one that really stands out.

Michael