[Asterisk-Users] kiax - iax2 softphone

undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com
Fri Jun 16 10:57:15 MST 2006

That was the first thing I checked for.  I have since discovered that by checking
off the comfort noise selection in the options for the SIP account and then
restarted kiax, I don't get the noise anymore.  I guess it's something that
kiax uses as a way to make sure the caller knows I'm still on the line with
them.

Also, it sounds more like random computer noises (beeps and stuff,
like in the old Inside Your PC screensaver from Windows 98 Plus! pack.)  Thanks
for the help!

Undrhil

--- Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-14 at
18:31 +0000, undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com wrote:
> > Has anyone on here
used kiax before?  I am asking because I have it installed
> > on several
computers and have been able to get it to connect and register
> > to my
Asterisk box.  I can even call between them and my SIP softphones.
> > The
problem I am having is this: when I use kiax to call someone else, they

> get some kind of background music playing while I am talking to them.  I
have
> > called from kiax to kiax phone and get this on both ends but I cannot
identify
> > what it is or where it's playing from.  I've watched the CLI
when I make the
> > call and there is no indication of playing music on hold
or background music.
> >  The dialplan doesn't even reference music on hold,
it just dials whichever
> > phone I am trying to call.
> >
> This may
be dumb and/or obvious, but are you playing music on either
> machine making
the call?  Since kiax uses soundcard audio it's possible
> for music output
from a music player (amarok, winamp etc) to get into
> the audio stream,
especially if you're using something like Arts or ESD
> to mux audio.
>

> Incidentally I use kiax all the time with no strange music sources

noted.

> Just a thought.
>
> /BAK/
> --