[Asterisk-Users] DTMF in the middle of a call

Servetas, Andrew andrew.servetas at stroudwater.com
Fri Jun 16 10:21:51 MST 2006

I found this old post using a Google search for DTMF tones heard during
an Asterisk call.  The calling party does not hear them, only the called
party.

We are experiencing this sporadic DTMF "beep" followed by a momentary
silence on a random number of our calls.  This happens on trunk to SIP
and SIP to SIP calls, so it's not PRI related.

Since this thread is dated 2003, and the reply posted stated there were
patches available, I would think that this issue should have been fixed
in the newest releases of Asterisk.  We are running 1.2.5 at the moment,
shortly moving to 1.2.8 on our test server before rolling it to our
production box.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I've been playing with dtmfmode settings
and relaxdtmf, but nothing seems to increase or eliminate this.

Thanks in advance,
Andy