[Asterisk-Users] kiax - iax2 softphone

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Fri Jun 16 09:45:19 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 18:31 +0000, undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com wrote:
> Has anyone on here used kiax before?  I am asking because I have it installed
> on several computers and have been able to get it to connect and register
> to my Asterisk box.  I can even call between them and my SIP softphones.
> The problem I am having is this: when I use kiax to call someone else, they
> get some kind of background music playing while I am talking to them.  I have
> called from kiax to kiax phone and get this on both ends but I cannot identify
> what it is or where it's playing from.  I've watched the CLI when I make the
> call and there is no indication of playing music on hold or background music.
>  The dialplan doesn't even reference music on hold, it just dials whichever
> phone I am trying to call.

This may be dumb and/or obvious, but are you playing music on either
machine making the call?  Since kiax uses soundcard audio it's possible
for music output from a music player (amarok, winamp etc) to get into
the audio stream, especially if you're using something like Arts or ESD
to mux audio.

Incidentally I use kiax all the time with no strange music sources
noted.

Just a thought.

/BAK/
--