[Asterisk-Users] Two FXO: How to dial a number when a RING comes in?

Vincent Delporte udc91pk02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:31:20 MST 2006

Hi

I'm a little lost on how to set things up with the two FXO cards I have: I
want card #2 to dial a number when a call comes in on card #1. Using the
following configuration, card #1 picks up the line and remains silent,
instead of dialing out through card #2. Anybody knows what's wrong?

--------- /etc/zaptel.conf ---------

# Zaptel Configuration File
#
fxsks=1,2
loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr

--------- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf ---------

[channels]
context=cherbourg
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callerid="my caller id"<(123) 123-1234>
channel=>1

context=cherbourg
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callerid="my caller id"<(123) 123-1234>
channel=>2

--------- /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf ---------
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp            ; Console interface for demo
IAXINFO=guest               ; IAXtel username/password

;Changed from TRUNK=Zap/g2               ; Trunk interface
TRUNK=Zap/1               ; Trunk interface
TRUNKMSD=1               ; MSD digits to strip (usually 1 or 0)

[cherbourg]
;Hid the number to protect the innocents
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/2/014XXXXXX)
---------

Thank you!