[Asterisk-Users] Receiving faxes and then sending them on

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Fri Jun 16 05:01:54 MST 2006

> I'm trying to setup a system where incoming faxes are received using
> SpanDSP and then send on to another (remote) fax machine. The SpanDSP
> part is working excellently, however I dont seem to be able to get
> the forwarding part to work. Heres what I put into my extensions.conf:
>
> exten => s,4,Answer()
> exten => s,5,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/fax-${UNIQUEID}.tif)
> exten => s,6,Set(EMAILADDR=ingrid.fix at offix-koeln.de)
> exten => s,7,Set(EMAILADDR=${ARG1})
> exten => s,8,rxfax(${FAXFILE}|debug)
> exten => s,9,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR} $
> {CALLERIDNUM})
> exten => s,10,Dial(${ARG2})
> exten => s,11,txfax(${FAXFILE}|caller)
> exten => s,12,Hangup
>
> Asterisk does start dialing at priority 10 however as soon as the
> remote fax hangs up that call gets destroyed as well.
>
> Is there anyway to do something like this?
what about making a callfile?
like s,10,system(make_faxfile ${FAXFILE} ${DST})
this file have to do something like this:

Channel: SIP/trunk/12345
MaxRetries: 1
WaitTime: 20
Application:txfax
Data:/var/spool/asterisk/fax/testfax.tif

than
s,11,system(cp -a faxcallfile /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/)
 --
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users