[Asterisk-Users] Executing a Function from AGI

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:49:11 MST 2006

> I'm getting nowhere with this. Is it even possible to set a variable to the result of a function call in AGI???
<snip>
> > SET VARIABLE DIALPATH ${DUNDILOOKUP(2944093|180net)}
> >
> > in both cases, DIALPATH is set to a literal
> > "${DUNDILOOKUP2944093|180net}"
> >
> > What am I doing wrong here?
You are telling it to assign the value ${DUNDILOOKUP2944093|180net} to
the variable DIALPATH, and it seems it is doing exactly that

Remember that you're in an AGI, not in the dialplan, so your variable
doesn't get interpreted

And to answer your question, I think you should call the function, get
the result, then assign that to your variable

hth