[Asterisk-Users] EC needed in all-digital situation?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jun 15 13:15:01 MST 2006

>If you have no TDM equipment, then it is your provider's responsibility
>to handle any echo that may be generated if a call is routed through the
>PSTN.

Case in point: I have 2 installs, both exactly identical. Same Asterisk rev,
same phones, same Digium cards, everything. In 1 install we have a dual PRI
from Allstream/MTS, in the other, BRI's from Telus. On the Allstream
install, we have the classic hybrid echo when calling to a local exchange,
and on the BRI install, nothing, no matter where we call. Ironically, the
dry pair to the CO on the Allstream install is provided by Telus.