[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to HandleComplexFailoverSituations

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:45:43 MST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Ahh this reminds me too. If I am going to be getting the local system first always, then I need to be able to return ALL the Dundi paths with the DUNDILOOKUP function. It only returns one. How can I get DUNDILookup to return every single path? It'd be great if they could return the weights for each too, and then I could do my own logic.

But you're still not getting the point of DUNDi.  DUNDi is designed to
pick the best route.

When you do a dundi lookup on the CLI, it shows you what possible jumps
there are, in the order that it would choose them.  DUNDi will ALWAYS use
the first one.

Also, the logic you want to do would involve an unknown size array of
return values.  For example, let's say you can get to an extension on 4
different servers.  DUNDi will return something like:

   1.     0 SIP scm1/44198
   2.     1 SIP scm2/44198
   3.   100 SIP sgw1/44198
   4.   101 SIP sgw2/44198

If you return that to the dialplan, you're going to have to do some array
lookups and parsing in order for any of it to make sense.  Correct me if
I'm wrong, the dialplan doesn't have any array functionality.

Does that make sense?

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician