[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to Handle ComplexFailoverSituations

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 11:58:43 MST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> We need our queue application to follow the primary pbx server for a set of phones within a company. See my 'ACD Distributed Scenario' post made a little earlier for a full explanation.

OK, let me get this straight.

You want the phones on the SAME server to hit the queues on THAT server
only.  Right?

If that's right, then why use DUNDi for the queues, just set up an
extension (i.e. the queue entry point) that goes straight into the queue
instead of using DUNDi for it, which adds more logic to something VERY
simple.  Since the phones are registered to that server, obviously they
will drop into the local queue and not some random one.

You're making something dynamic that really shouldn't be dynamic at all.
When the failover happens, the new primary server will have the queue set
up, and anyone calling in will be calling into the queue on that server.

Now, if you're calling in from another server, i.e. someone outside
calling in, you can then use DUNDi with weights to drop them onto the
right server, but that's another story.

Finally, in order for the LOCAL server's DUNDi response to show up, you
have to add the server to dundi.conf.  So, so pbx1 has to be in pbx1's
file, just like the other servers do.

Make sense?

--
Aaron Daniel