[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to Handle Complex FailoverSituations

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 10:40:48 MST 2006

On 15/06/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> Who said I was a C programmer?

Speaking for myself, I just assumed that you understood that the
behaviour of an open-source application was the result of contributed
code.  Your message read to me like something of a demand that
"someone" fixed it.  You are probably trying to do something pretty
fancy in your dialplan and that probably brings requirements that the
original authors didn't foresee.

They are scratching their itch.  As you said, DUNDi was Mark's
initiative to make a "open access" call routing system, rather than to
do with failover.

If you can hack Asterisk dialplan code, then I think if you open that
file, take a look at other code that sets variables (search for a
variable name you know is set, like DIALSTATUS), do some cut and paste
and you'll discover that, guess what: you ARE a C programmer.

If you can't, well lots of us on the list take contracts for
development in the Asterisk code.  Post on asterisk-biz with the
request.

Regards,
Steve