[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to Handle Complex FailoverSituations

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 08:54:28 MST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> It isn't as simple as that. When a failure occurs, we only want to use a DUNDi route when it's the primary for a queue.

Then don't use DUNDi for queues, use it just for the phones.  Seriously,
you obviously know exactly which servers you want to be primary for a
certain queue, program it into the dialplan.  DUNDi should only be used
for DYNAMIC extensions, i.e. phones that may or may not be registered at
the time of the call, phones that move, phones that register with
different servers at different times.

If you're deadset on using DUNDi for it, set up different DUNDi contexts
so that you can say "these queues are available here" and "these queues
are available there".

Honestly, it seems like a waste of server time to use DUNDi for something
that you know is going to be on a particular server regardless of what
happens.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician