[Asterisk-Users] Distributed ACD Queues

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Jun 15 08:41:51 MST 2006

It seems that I am having a heck of a time explaining my attempts at distributing ACD Queues to the list. Here's one little problem, that's only a piece of the puzzle.

dundi.conf:
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx1,100,IAX,dundi1:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx2,200,IAX,dundi2:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx3,300,IAX,dundi3:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial

extensions.conf(PBX1):
[global_dundi_q_pbx1]
include => one_queue_acd
[global_dundi_q_pbx2]
[global_dundi_q_pbx3]

extensions.conf(PBX2):
[global_dundi_q_pbx1]

[global_dundi_q_pbx2]
include => one_queue_acd
[global_dundi_q_pbx3]

extensions.conf(PBX3):
[global_dundi_q_pbx1]

[global_dundi_q_pbx2]
[global_dundi_q_pbx3]
include => one_queue_acd

[one_queue_acd]
exten => 2944000,1,....

Our polycom phones are registering to a primary Asterisk system. It's ESSENTIAL that queue calls for a given company go to the SAME box as the phones are registered to. Queues won't work correctly if they're are split between servers.

If a phone registered to pbx1 wants to call the queue at 2944000, the call comes into pbx1. If I do a dundi lookup on that number on the console I get this:

hestia*CLI> dundi lookup 2944000 @180q <mailto:2944000 at 180q>
  1.   200 IAX2/dundi2:cx8tTjXAoQaPfr9V+C6EWw at xxx.187.142.204/oe_main (EXISTS)
     from 00:0e:0c:a1:90:82, expires in 0 s
  2.   300 IAX2/dundi3:zGFQTD6qixAkSNVpQkviQw at xxx.187.142.232/oe_main (EXISTS)
     from 00:0e:0c:a1:92:6f, expires in 0 s
DUNDi lookup completed in 63 ms

If I do the dundi lookup in the dialplan, all I get is "IAX2/dundi2:cx8tTjXAoQaPfr9V+C6EWw at xxx.187.142.204/oe_main" with no weight. DUNDi never returns local matches (with a weight of 100 in this case). which is a problem. The result I get from the DUNDi lookup in the dialplan is a string that points to the SECONDARY server. I don't want to send the call to the secondary server!!!

I could first do a local lookup with ChanIsAvail and look in the correct context (global_dundi_q_pbx1 etc) to see if the number is local first. However, this is tricky as we're trying to maintain a common dialplan between all our servers. I'd therefore have to probe the system by executing an external command and pulling the hostname or something just so I know which context to look in.

I'm guessing no one has tried to distribute acd queues before...