[Asterisk-Users] 100 lines PBX + system config - repost

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Wed Jun 14 21:32:07 MST 2006

Here is the config for one of several boxes we run in similar
environments;

A dell SC1425 1u rackmount with dual Xeon CPUs, 1GB ram, dual 80gb sata
drives (software raid 1), fedora core 4, and a sangoma a104 4 port T1
interface card.

A good choice for business quality SIP phones is the Polycom soundpoint
IP501

You will invest about $25,000 in hardware for this setup, add 10% more
to get about 25 hours of help from an experienced consultant, unless you
have a lot of trial and error time or you have already spent the time
needed to get comfortable with asterisk. You could spend weeks or months
trying to get everything right if you are new at it.

This is not a solicitation, just a tip from another user that has sunk
nearly 1500 hours into "getting it right" over the last 2 years.