[Asterisk-Users] SPA941 and Echo

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Jun 14 18:28:39 MST 2006

Has anybody else experienced bad echo issues with this SPA941 phone when
calling SIP-SIP to another SPA ATA?  When I call remote office phones
that are attached to SPA ATAs, I get very annoying echo.  One can sure
blame it on the reflected signal from the phone on the remote end, but
how can one deal with this echo?  (it happens with some phones really
bad and with others its perfect)

The SPA941 does not handle echo itself so I am at a loss on how to
approach this issue.  If I change the SPA941 for a regular SPA 1000 with
Echo Cancel enabled, I can hear perfectly.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Andres