[Asterisk-Users] Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389)

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:46:13 MST 2006

On 6/15/06, trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 19:58 -0400, Daniel Salama wrote:
> > Mainly GXP-2000 (with silence suppression off) and Eyebeam (with
> > "Enable microphone noise reduction off)
>
> its safe to ignore that too, it just means that asterisk doesnt support
> a sip feature that your phone does and its telling you "hey I know that
> the feature exists but I really dont support it".  If you disable CNG in
> the phone you wont see the messages anymore, alternatively if you ignore
> the messages they wont bother you anymore :)

Was going to post this separately but since there's a thread here... :-P

Has anyone has problems with this with Engin? We asked them about it
and they said they don't have any settings at their end, we should
check our client. But since Asterisk is the client in this case, how
do you change it?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.