[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail records nonsense, but record() works (??)

Strom Carlson stromcarlson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:18:04 MST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: "Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR)" <S.Guenther at in-put.de>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: 6/10/06 8:47 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] 	Voicemail records nonsense, but record() works (??)

Hello,

I have setup an Asterisk 1.2.7.1 system, with a working voicemail box:

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
	exten => 83086921,1,Answer
	exten => 83086921,2,Dial(SIP/stefan,5,r)
	exten => 83086921,3,VoiceMail,u111
	exten => 83086921,4,Hangup
	exten => 83086921,103,VoiceMail,b111
	exten => 83086921,104,Hangup

/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf
	[default]
	language=de
	111 => 111,Mailbox 111,s.guenther at in-put.de

The mailbox starts, I hear the intro and speak my message. In the CLI I can
see that the message has been recorded and I get the recorded message via
mail.

But when I listen to the recorded messages or call the mailbox, I either hear
nothing or just a short cracking sound. At least the length of the message is
correct. If have tried to record the message with gsm, wav or wav49, the
result is always the same.

When I use the record() application to record a gsm file, everything is okay.

I obviously  made something wrong when configuring the voicemail system.

Can someone give me a hint what's going wrong?

Thanks for your help,

stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther