[Asterisk-Users] Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Wed Jun 14 16:55:34 MST 2006

Comfort noise is the sound you hear from the phone to assure the user
that there is still a connection to the other end.  It is there to keep
you from hearing no sound through the speaker and thinking you have been
disconnected.

Check your phone's config for comfort noise or silence suppression and
turn it on or off respectively.

What phone model(s) do you see this with?