[Asterisk-Users] Need to track dropped calls

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jun 14 16:17:54 MST 2006

Carl Youngblood wrote:
> I have been getting occasional reports of dropped calls from the users
> of our asterisk system.  Is there anything I can monitor in my logs or
> in the console to see when a call is dropped?  I'd like to see if
> these drops coincide with network traffic problems.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

If you have network traffic problems, address those first and then wait
to hear of more dropped calls.

Depending on your setup, you could use the monitor  app  to determine
whether a call was actually dropped or a hangup by the context of the
conversation.  In a call center environment, "dropped calls" are quite
frequently people hanging up for whatever reason and you can actually
hear the handset go into the cradle (sometimes slam lol.)

If it is happening alot and you have a pri, you can watch your pri debug
span info and see if you are having errors or "normal clearings"

If you are using IAX, maybe the jitterbuffer stats might indicate something.

Thanks,
Steve