[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and multiple SIP registrations to the same host (team/oej/register)

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jun 14 15:16:28 MST 2006

http://www.voip-forum.com/news.php?p=187

I am battling this same problem and cannot for the life of me figure out
how to work around it.  The above link looks promising but leads to a
server error page.

Basically here is what I need to do.  I have three asterisk boxes.  One
takes inbound PSTN calls and forwards them to the main asterisk box,
that box holds the queues and brains, the third asterisk box handles
outbound PSTN calls.

I have one SIP account on box two and three point to each other and all
the direct outbound traffic goes over that account just fine.  I also
want to add ten agents to a queue on the main asterisk box like this
sip/2001....  and have them dial out to the outbound PSTN asterisk box.
I have tried adding them normally and this breaks all outbound dialing,
I have tried using different ports, I have tried using the original
account and context but using different extensions in the dialplan which
almost worked but in show queues it shows that "agent" as "in use" (i
guess since there is always traffic and the queue application sees it as
in use)

Any hints?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro