[Asterisk-Users] How much bandwidth needed?

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 02:00:16 MST 2006

Hi Friends,

I am implementing Asterisk PBX in our office with 180 extensions. In our office, we will make 3 calls to USA daily. We have 1 MBPS bandwidth from ISP and 100 MBPS bandwidth in our LAN.  I have two doubts.

1) How much bandwidth should we allocate for making VOIP calls?  What can be the  projected use of bandwidth to make International VOIP  calls?

2) Can I use Pentium IV system, 2.6 GHz processor speed with 512 MB RAM as dedicated Asterisk server?

3) Now I am making calls to USA using Voipjet.com provider. How can I receive incoming calls through VoIP? How can I get my own incoming VoIP number?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks&Regards,
Chandra.

http://mail.yahoo.com