[Asterisk-Users] Easiest (best?) linux distribution for dedicated Asterisk box?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 18:54:36 MST 2006

First off, I'm sorry for sending so many messages to the list-serv.
Hopefully this will be my last for a while!

I was going to use my WRT54G router as a small Asterisk box, but I
forgot that I had a spare eMachines computer (Intel Celeron 633 MHz,
20GB HD, 64mb RAM).  Will this machine work OK for a very simple
dedicated home Asterisk box?

Also, what is easiest linux distribution to use and install?  All I
want is a simple Asterisk box that I can telnet into and have
voicemail, music-on-hold (MP3), etc...